Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Support
1. What can I do with the demo version of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home?
The Demo version of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home offers you free evaluation and it shows preview of files that can be recovered. If you are satisfied with the results, you can purchase the full version of the software to save the recovered files.
2. I formatted one of my hard drive volumes in order to remove all the viruses and other malware. How can I recover files from this formatted volume using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home software?
Using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home, you can easily recover all your valuable files from the formatted volume.
- Start the software and click ‘Drive Recovery’ button on the ‘Data Recovery’ tab.
- Select your volume from the ‘Select Volume to Recover Data’ section. Choose the scan type, i.e. ‘Normal Scan’ or ‘Advance Scan’.
- Click on ‘Start Now’ to begin the scan process.
After completion of the scan, you will see all the recovered folders listed in the left pane. Select the folders you need to recover or choose specific files for recovery.
3. I have accidently deleted a volume from my hard drive. Can I recover the files using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home software?
Yes you can recover the data from the deleted volume using “Click Here to Search Lost Volumes” feature of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home. Select the hard disk from the list and the scan type (Quick or Deep) from the Flying Pane. This option scans the hard drive to search for all the lost or deleted volumes. All the volumes found by the software get listed in the interface. You can select the deleted volume and follow the instructions as mention in the software interface itself to recover data from this volume.
4. How does ‘Normal Scan’ differ from ‘Advanced Scan’ in Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home?
‘Normal Scan’ performs a quick scanning of your selected drive or volume. This mode of scan is used in almost all cases of data loss, deletion on a Windows based drive. On the contrary, ‘Advanced Scan’ thoroughly scans your entire drive to perform a precise recovery of all recoverable data. This option proves to be worthwhile when the results obtained by ‘Normal Scan’ are average or unsatisfactory.
5. How can I perform recovery of only selected file types using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home software?
You can performs a signature-based search in Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Home where you can select specific file types for the recovery.
- Click ‘Settings’ on the toolbar and select the ‘Add File Types’ tab.
- On the ‘File List’ screen, choose the desired file types that you need to recover.
- You can also add more file types for recovery in the ‘File List’ screen.
6. Can I recover data from my ExFAT partition?
Yes, you can recover data from ExFAT partition. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data recovery software supports FAT, NTFS, and ExFAT file systems.
7. How to find only a particular file type and recover them?
Use the find option in the preview window and search the files according to your criteria. Select the file (s) and click Recover. The files are saved at the given destination.
8. Can the software recover only images from a removable storage device?
Yes, you can recover only photos from removable devices like pen drive, memory card etc. Use the Photo Recovery option to search the files according to your criteria
9. Are only audio, video, documents and photos recovered by this software?
No, all the files and folders in the selected volume can be recovered.
10. Can I recover deleted files within a specific date range using this software?
Yes, Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery (Home) supports recovering your deleted files within a specific interval of time. To do so, follow the given procedure:
- Run Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery and click ‘Drive Recovery’.
- Select the desired logical volume under ‘Select Volume to Recover Data’ section and click ‘Scan Now’ on the flying pane.
- After completion of the scan, navigate to the left pane and click the ‘Filtered Tree’ tab.
- Click the ‘+’ sign (Advance Filter Option) to the left of the textbox. This opens a dialog box.
- In the displayed dialog, specify the file types for recovery in the ‘Files of Type’ textbox. Select ‘Deleted File’ checkbox to recover only the deleted files from the drive.
- Click ‘Date’ checkbox and specify the desired date range within which you want to recover deleted files. Optionally, you can specify a size range for the deleted files using the ‘Size from (KB)’ option. Click ‘OK’.
- The tree displayed after specifying these options will contain only the deleted files within the specified time range.